Dear ESEC/FSE 2022 Participants,
Thank you for joining ESEC/FSE 2022! We are looking forward to an exciting conference. This page provides some first information about the virtual experience, which we plan to offer to all participants. More information will be added throughout the next few days. Please check the Speaker Information for more specific information about presenting at the conference.
Virtual Platform: Whova
ESEC/FSE’22 uses Whova as a virtual platform to support the in-person conference as well as to enable virtual participation.
Whova User Guides:
How to access it?
We recommend that all online participants use Whova by using the Google Chrome browser or the Whova app. You can log in by using the email from your registration. You may have to create a Whova account. For speakers and session chairs, we recommend using the native Zoom app and having the Q&A open in a separate window.
The web app is available via: https://whova.com/portal/webapp/esecf1_202211/
The mobile apps can be downloaded via the links below:
Get our official event app,
Get the most out of the app and have a more productive experience!
NAVIGATE the event agenda and logistics, even without Wi-Fi or data. Access useful information like ridesharing and local attractions through the Community Board
NETWORK effectively. Plan whom to meet by exploring attendee profiles and sending out messages
PARTICIPATE in event activities through session likes, comments, ratings, live polling, tweeting, and more
What to expect?
- Session Agenda: We will add the ESEC/FSE’22 program (incl. the co-located events) to Whova with all relevant information, speaker information, and links to embedded live streams. Whova provides a persistent chat and Q&A feature for each session so that discussions can be handled online in addition to the live Q&A session at the conference.
- Pre-recorded Videos: For each accepted paper and presentation, we request the authors to provide a pre-recorded video, which we will make available in the session schedule of Whova. Therefore, all participants can access the videos before, during, and after the conference.
- Livestream: All talks at ESEC/FSE’22 will be streamed live via Whova. Each session in Whova will use a Zoom session under its hood, i.e., the handling of the live stream and screen sharing, etc., should feel familiar for most of us.
- Recordings: All sessions and live streams will be recorded by default. In particular, the recordings of the keynotes and invited talks will be made available on our ESEC/FSE’22 YouTube channel.
- Interaction beyond Q&A: Whova also allows participants to interact directly with each other through chat messages and video calls.
When will the platform be available?
We plan to make the platform available to speakers two weeks before the conference so they can get familiar with it and attend rehearsal sessions. We plan to invite the general participants to the platform one week before the conference so that they can already watch the pre-recorded videos.
Please let us know if you have any additional questions: firstname.lastname@example.org